1. Price your home right. Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range. It’s much better to price the house lower initially, get multiple offers and ‘bid up’ the price than to leave your Houston home on the market for months without getting much interest.
2. Get your house ‘market ready’ for at least two weeks before you begin showing it. Click here for additional home staging tips.
3. Be flexible about showings. It is often disruptive to have a house ready to show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your property, the sooner you’ll find a seller.
4. Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable. Pre-set how much you’re willing to negotiate on your original list price, so the emotions of the negotiations don’t make you lose sight of the bigger picture.
5. Be flexible on terms if need be. If your house has been on the market for more than 60 days without a showing, be prepared to lower your asking price.
Contact Saralyn McIver at (713) 728-2300 or email@example.com for assistance in selling your home today.